Granddaughter is now a teenager [just].
She who was once Puppychild is now all growd up.
She sent me a thing on Farcebook yesterday which has left me with a bit of a problem. Obviously she has been indoctrinated in school on the terrible evils of smoking, as she has on a couple of occasions chastised Herself for enjoying a cigarette. It didn’t have any effect but she learned some interesting new words. Interestingly she has never challenged me [she knows how futile that would be] and has apparently adopted the passive/aggressive approach.
I have given this some thought and there are quite a few possible responses.
- Tell her she’s too young to be on Farcebook?
- Tell her not to believe everything she sees on the Interweb?
- Tell her not to believe everything teacher tells her?
- Buy her a pack of cigarettes?
- Tell her we’re lucky our lungs aren’t made of cold glass and cotton wool?
- Tell her to mind her own business?
- Stick my tongue out at her and ask her why it isn’t brown?
- Tell her to get a life?
- Tell her she can’t talk about smoking until she’s eighteen?
- Tell her to have some respect her elders and betters?
- Ignore it altogether and pretend I didn’t see it?
I’m sure my readers will come up with some erudite and [in]appropriate answer?