Herself has to be up in Dublin tomorrow as she is due in theatre.
I don't mean an acty kind of theatre, more the bright lights, green gowns and facemask type.
It poses a drop of a conundrum though.
You see she has to report into the hospital at six forty-five in the morning, which quite frankly in my book is a time that should be reserved solely for insomniacs and burglars. However, these things must be done which leads to my conundrum. How do I get her there?
There are several options that I can think of.
1. I could drop her up to the hospital tonight with a sleeping bag and she can sleep outside on the pavement. I must say this is my favourite solution but I have a sneaking feeling it may lead to years of repercussions in the following years. I would never fucking hear the end of it.
2. I could blackmail the daughter to bring her up. If I discreetly dropped the word "inheritance" into the conversation, that might do the trick? Anyway they would be bound to wake me so that sort of defeats the purpose.
3. I could book a taxi. Damned expensive and the driver would wake me anyway. That's out.
Now we are facing into the two least pleasant options.
4. I could set the alarm and drive her up myself. The problem here is that I rarely go to bed before two in the morning so setting the alarm for five would catch me in the middle of my favourite dreams. Anyway I tend to have a very restless night if I know I am going to be bombed by an alarm-call. And don't suggest I go to bed early as I can never get to sleep before my going-to-sleep time so I'd just be tossing and turning anyway.
5. I could just take a fuck-it attitude and forget about bed altogether.
I'm torn between the last two and the last one wins out slightly on merit. I hate tossing and turning in bed and three hours of it would seem like twenty four. On the other hand I can doze quite happily in my armchair no matter what time of day it is.
One way or another, it's going to be a long night.