I know I mentioned this last week, but things are beginning to heat up.
The deadline for the payment of the Household Charge is next Saturday, and to date 80% have not paid. I presume some will panic at the last moment, but there is still a massive resistance to a tax which is grossly unfair.
The latest is that they intend to call at every house that hasn’t paid. This is not to collect money, but to “remind” us. This is a blatant attempt at intimidation and I am delighted to hear that council staff are more than a little uneasy at being ordered to make these visits. And could someone please tell me the cost of sending council staff to visit well in excess of a million homes?
I hope they do call here. I will be happy to explain my reasons for not paying.
1. I am living on a pension. Why the fuck should I have to pay the same as a millionaire who lives in a massive country estate?
2. This is NOT “just” €100. The relatively low charge is to entice people into a system where they will be burdened with enormous charges starting from next year. The government is not saying what the future charge will be but it more than likely will be well into four figures.
3. I don’t give a flying fuck if the people of the UK, Northern Ireland, France, Germany or the North Fucking Pole are paying charges on their properties. That’s entirely their business and has nothing to do with me.
4. I pay enough in taxes, VAT and excise duty. They take a large chunk of my income and they are not getting any more
5. This charge is not an Irish tax. It is being imposed on us by those career bureaucrats in Brussels and the Irish government has little say in the matter. I notice they are keeping remarkably quiet about this little snippet of information. As far as I am concerned no cunt in the European Central Bank, the International Monetary Fund or any of those money grubbing bottom feeders in the European Union have any jurisdiction over me. They obtained their power in Ireland through treaties where the electorate were grossly misled. through lies, threats and propaganda.
6. The government say that this money is essential for the running of local services. Tough shit. They shouldn’t have handed all those billions over to the German gamblers.
This whole business of the property charge has all the hallmarks of a European effort. We are being threatened, bullied and intimidated into paying it, and that alone is reason enough in my book to tell them to go fuck themselves.
As a by the by, I was sent an interesting little video this morning [thanks, Brianf!].
I know it refers to the UK, but we are subject to exactly the same lunacy.
Now that is your fucking European Union in action.