Faces I could never tire of kicking – 4
This weeks winner singlehandedly represents everything that is wrong with modern Irish politics.
Jackie Healy Rae is an independent TD for South Kerry. He is supposed to be the voice representing the people of Kerry in national affairs. Is he though? Is he fuck!
This country is crawling with parish pump politicians, whose only concern is getting re-elected and therefore spend their entire time fixing local issues that are the responsibility of the local authorities. JHR is proud of the fact that South Kerry probably has the best roads in the province, as he extracted vast sums from the government in return for the promise of his vote.
JHR doesn’t give a flying fuck about national issues. What he cares about is keeping his six-figure salary [plus very generous expenses]. What he cares about is being a ‘cute hoor’ who sits in the pub getting free pints from everyone in return for promises of favours. He comes across as a thick red-neck culchie, but he knows which side his bread is buttered on.
On a couple of occasions, he held the power to bring our fiasco of a government down. In particular, he voted in favour of NAMA, which is a scheme pumping thirty billion into a failed private bank which singlehandedly caused our financial crisis. Yes – that’s €30,000,000,000 of our money, when we can’t afford teachers, care for the elderly, the infirm or the disabled.
This little fuck had one glorious opportunity to do the right thing, but did he do it? No. Why? Because that would have been the end of the gravy train, and the hassle of having to go forward for another election.
The sight of JHR has always set my boots twitching, but lately, like the little turd that he is, he has floated to the top of my cesspool. In fact, I don’t think he needs a kicking. Slow drowning on a slurry tank would be far more satisfying and appropriate.
Jackie Healy Rae claims he has no power.
This fine specimen of manhood is a national politician. This Adonis represents us on the International stage.
God help us all.
Oh, I really thought that it was going to be the Pope’s personal preacher, Fr Raniero Cantalamessa. Can he get a couple of kicks, please?
Hopefully we’re entering a new era, albeit a tough one, where old-schoolers like this will be sidelined and eased / shoved out of the way.
The Ireland of the future won’t have the space or tolerance for mediocrity, complacency, cronyism and politicians nest feathering, and if we really do have better educated generations coming through (holds breath) then things will change.
Oh, just woke up! rewrite…!
1. – Bring the politicians, bankers, developers, legal profession, to account for the mess (where appropriate through the justice system).
2. – Accept responsibility as a nation for buying into the bullshit – yes there are exceptions 😉
3. – Demote the profile of government; put them back to where they’re supposed to be – creating broad frameworks that allow to society to function and develop, not media obsessed creatures trying to justify their existence.
4. – Accept the fact that we’ll be paying for generations and that unless there’s political reform nothing really inspirational is going to come from above.
5. – Realise at an individual level that racing each other can end in a crash! Return to co-op mentality, work together, and don’t depend or government or TDs to make things better for you.
6. – Accept the fact that standard of living / salaries / public services are all going to reduce – drop expectations and work upwards from there.
7. – Go out and enjoy a pint!
Well something like that anyway!
.-= Mick´s last brainfart .. TG4 Web TV =-.
DBM – Feel free! I don’t have a monopoly on who gets hammered. Could you include the Pope while you are at it?
Mick – I can’t argue with any of your points above, least of all number 7. All the time we have the likes of JHR cluttering up the place and leeching the country’s finances, things will never imrove.
Whilst you have my sympathies at having to tolerate this vertically challenged Git ..
Could I please nominate Jamie bloody Oliver for a good facial kicking ?
The thick-lipped, lisping, estuary-english speaking tosser seems to believe that he .. and he alone invented healthy eating ..
And that he is, somehow God’s gift to the culinary arts ..
Haddock – I have quite a list of potentials for this little mini-series of mine. You will find this rather hard to believe, but as far as I know, Mr Oliver is lurking in there somewhere. How could I forget everyone’s favourite chef?
Good man Grandad .. knew I could rely on you ..