This site can be intensely irritating at times.
Apart from the content, which irritates me at times, the engine room is becoming ever more frustrating.
I had a little Search thingy in the bar over there on the top right. A while back I replaced it with a more sophisticated version in my eternal quest to fuck things up. I thought I tested it at the time but I recently discovered that it is, in practice, fuck all use. It just didn’t work at all at all.
I meant to fix it but something distracted me – which happens all the time – and I have only just gotten around to binning the new Search and replacing it with the old simple one. I delved down into the darkest corner of the engine room, getting covered in dust and cobwebs in the process.
But of course I discovered that those knobheads in WordPress had updated stuff to make any editing process ever more complicated, frustrating and messy, all in their quest to make things “more intuitive”. It took an age to discover how to delete the existing Search and then I discovered I couldn’t find the original.
Eventually I discovered where it was hiding and tried to stick it onto the site. It told me I wasn’t allowed because I was doing something “illegal”. Fuck me but I have enough problems in life ducking and diving around all the laws of the land without being castigated in my own fucking website!
I eventually discovered how to do it by the simple process of telling the site to mind its own fucking business. The old Search is back in place and is apparently working. I told the site it can resume policing once I leave the engine room.
There are times I find computers can be a real pain in the arse.