Fianna Fáil must be collectively slapping itself on the back today.
A poll shows they are “the most popular party” in the state.
Excluding the undecided, the poll shows –
- Fianna Fáil – 26%
- Fine Gael – 25%
- Sinn Féin – 18%
- Labour – 10%
- Greens – 1%
- Independents and others – 20%
Let us just have a little glance at the other side of the coin.
- 83% remember Fianna Fáil as the worst party in the history of the state
- 84% have seen Fine Gael for what they are.
- 94% would not vote for Labour under any circumstances.
- 88% would not give Sinn Féin their vote.
- 99% say the Greens are a waste of space.
- 86% don’t trust any others.
Cause for celebration in Fianna Fáil Headquarters?
Or a damming indictment of Irish politics?