One of the things that is strange about blogging is not knowing who is reading your blog.
Of course if someone comments, I then know of their existence. Or if they link to here, it will turn up in my files somewhere.
But there are people who read this, either by coming across it from another blog, or who have subscribed to the feed, and I may never know you exist. You are welcome nevertheless.
One of those anonymous readers suddenly surfaced last week, not here on the blog, but in MyBlogLog where he sent me a mail to say I’d been tagged with a meme. Now what astounded me was that Dan at Dreams Are Yours To Share is a poet. I don’t mean that it is astounding that he is a poet. I mean it is astounding that he should read this. This blog is as poetic as the writings on a toilet wall. Anyway, he apparently does read it, which goes to show that poets can be weird too.
He has tagged me with an old[ish] meme –
Now Here are the rules of the Meme:
Post on your blog . . .
+ Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
+ Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
+ Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
+ Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
That’s all there’s to it . . .
Oh and have fun.
Bugger. I’ve done this before. And I can’t remember what I wrote, so I’ll probably repeat myself.
1. I was once arrested but was let off again when they found a Rosary Beads in my pocket. I don’t know how the beads got there [and don’t say it was a miracle – it was probably my mother trying to convert me].
2. No matter how hard I try, I can’t learn to swim. I have given up. I have calculated that my head is the heaviest part of me so I always head nose first to the bottom.
3. One of the reasons I grew a beard is that I suffer from ingrown hairs. The little buggers pop out of my skin, turn around and head back in again. Either that or just before they break surface they start growing in a spiral just under the skin. It only seems to happen on my face and legs. I have to keep attacking the little bastards with tweezers and/or a pin, otherwise they go sceptic.
4. I like bending the rules to see what happens.
5. I have only been barred from one pub. That same pub begged me to come back within a couple of hours with offers of free drink.
6. I was told many times by my mother that I was a mistake, and they never intended to have me. That was nice of her to impart that bit of information.
7. I have voted in every election and referendum since I was 18. My vote has never made a difference. And I usually lose.
The well has run dry. I can’t think of anything else about myself, so if any one else tags me – tough – you’ll have to learn to lump it.
In the meantime, who will I screw with this one?
Roy over at Irish Taxi writes about three or four times a day, and I like his writing. This will give him something to write about.
Terence McDanger over at Moo-Dog because he is insane.
I would have tagged Stupid Irish Daddy, but he was just caught out himself!!
I haven’t hammered Robert at Observations from the Back 40 before. *heh*
I have to p*ss off Jack at Is this it? Is this really what it’s all about?
I think Kirk at Just Thinkin has escaped so far. Not this time.
And finally The Swiss Job, simply because he escaped me the last time.
I know that’s only six. But… See point 4 above.