I find as I get older, things are changing.
Some changes are for the better and some for the worse.
But each change in its own way has its pros and cons……
My sleep has become very erratic. I usually go to sleep at the same time each night, but wake up at different times. I set the alarm for nine [old habits die hard] but it rarely goes off. Usually I wake anywhere between five o’ clock and one minute to nine [I have a very accurate body clock!].
- I get to see the sun rise and hear the dawn chorus
- I get nice long days
- I end up sleeping most of the day, wasting all that hard won time
I’ve mentioned this often. Short term is getting terrible. Long term is improving.
- We can watch the same film time and time again
- Great excuse for getting out of things
- Can never find things
I don’t know if this is old age or diet, but it’s on the increase
- Great for entertaining small boys
- Great for annoying Herself
- Can be embarrassing at funerals
- Terrible when Herself retaliates
A wage for work you don’t have to do any more
- Can’t get docked if you take time off
- Can’t earn overtime
- If money runs short, you have to rob the Post Office again
Old age and irritation seem to go together. Grumpy Old Men/Women is not just a television programme.
- You get better service as it’s expected that you’ll complain
- Great satisfaction at tearing strips off people
- Everything is f*cking irritating
At my age, I can flirt outrageously. Women know I’m not a threat, as I’m only an Old Fart.
- Makes me feel younger
- Sometimes find women who like Old Farts
- All the joys of children without the pain or expense
- Watching your offspring repeating all the things they used to complain about
- Instant eviction of children if you get tired or bored
- Automatically adds twenty years to your age overnight
- Perceived as a built in babysitter
There are many others, but the memory has kicked in [out] again. See above.