I have a question.
I will start off by setting the scene.
You have been invited around to a friend’s house for an evening of drinks. In the course of the evening you receive a call of nature and excuse yourself. Having done your business, you discover that you have been blessed with a very large floater, and flushing has no effect on the bugger. You flush several times to no avail, and then discover there is no toilet brush. Trying to dispose of the evidence with your host’s toothbrush doesn’t work either.
Do you –
- Keep flushing in the vain hope of a miracle?
- Write a large “OUT OF ORDER” on the outside of the bathroom door using indelible marker?
- Suddenly remember that you are expecting an urgent phone call, and rush off home?
- Pretend that nothing has happened and hope that another guest gets the blame?
- Stuff the toilet up with reams of toilet paper to hide the evidence?
- Invite everyone into the bathroom to admire your magnificent effort?
Herself says that 3 is the right thing to do, but I disagree and tend towards 6.
I was just wondering what the correct etiquette is in a situation like this?