You realise, of course that this is the thin end of the wedge?
In a couple of months they’ll ban all dogs. This will not only make the city even safer, but it will be cleaner too.
A few months later it will be cats.
They will lose the run of themselves at this point.
From then on they will proceed to ban species in the following order:
- All animals
- All wildlife
- Skobies, Yobs and Estonians
- All Eastern Europeans
- All non-nationals
- Anyone with red hair
- Itinerants, smokers, drinkers and SUV drivers
- Members of Howth Golf Club
- Anyone who doesn’t have a valid Irish passport
- Anyone who isn’t a member of Dublin City Council
Of course this is going to have some radical side effects. They will have solved the transportation and housing problems. There will be no crime [apart from that committed by Dublin City Counsellors]. In fact, Dublin will be a pleasant place to live.
Except, of course, you can’t live there any more.